Takara Belmont Cancellation, Returns and Shipping/Damage/Shortage Policy
- Orders are acknowledged with the understanding and agreement that they cannot be cancelled except by mutual consent and may be subject to cancellation charges to commensurate with work done.
- In a constantly changing economy, improvements are continually being made, and we reserve the right to make changes without liability to match pieces of furniture or equipment previously purchased.
- Takara Company, Canada, Ltd., will only accept returns when they have been pre-authorized and have the authorization number marked on the exterior of each carton that is returned. Takara will not be held responsible for any freight charges unless pre-authorized. Non-authorized returns WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED and will be returned to the sender. Defective parts will be replaced without charge, but where the nature of the return is other than for defects, such parts may be subject to a 25% handling charge. All returns must be on a freight pre-paid basis only. Merchandise that is not in perfect condition or that has been installed will not be accepted for return.
- During this period Takara Company will, at its option, repair or replace any part or parts which prove to be defective if returned to Takara Company, Canada, Ltd. This shall be the sole remedy available under this warranty. No claims will be allowed for labour or other incidental costs. Warranty applies only to the original purchaser and all claims must be made through the distributor from whom the equipment was purchased.
SHIPPING / DAMAGE / SHORTAGE
- Carefully inspect shipment to be certain all packages on Bill of Lading are delivered. If there is damage or shortage, it must be noted on freight bill by the delivering agent. If there is concealed damage it is your responsibility to immediately obtain an inspection report. Our responsibility ceases when we obtain receipted Bill of Lading, however, we are happy to assist in filing claims, if we are furnished with the proper documents.
- All merchandise is quality inspected and packed in perfect condition when given over to the carrier. Once it is accepted by a common carrier, that carrier assumes full responsibility for its safe delivery. All claims for shortage, loss or damage must be filed with the carrier, not with Takara Company, Canada, Ltd.
- Damage or shortage on merchandise must be noted on the bill of lading delivery receipt and claims must be promptly filed in writing with the carrier together with supporting documents including, but not limited to photos of packages and merchandise. Concealed damage must be reported to the carrier immediately upon discovery with a request for inspection. If more than 15 days after delivery, reasonable evidence must be submitted that damage could not have occurred after delivery.